Vapor Barriers & Moisture Control
Why Is Moisture Control Important?
If your house has a crawl space, you’ve probably noticed the fountain ventilation on the outside of your home. The original purpose of these fountain ventilations was to circulate and replace the air in the crawl space with fresh air from the outside. For many years, this system appeared to work very well. Scientific Studies* have shown that conventionally vented crawl spaces may not only cost us more energy dollars, but may also cause serious threats to indoor air quality.
Authorized CrawlSpace Care Dealer
CrawlSpace Care Moisture Control & Management
CrawlSpace Care® is a system that was developed for closing and protecting your home’s crawl space. Using innovative technology, the CrawlSpace Care® system reduces moisture underneath your home which can lead to lower energy bills and improved indoor air quality.
Even without warm, moist air entering through the fountain ventilation, or by condensation, moisture will still impact your home through the natural moisture vapors which rise from the ground below your home. What can be done to remedy the multiple sources of moisture in our crawl spaces? CrawlSpace Care is the answer!
Benefits of a Closed Crawl Space
- The improvements result in overall energy saving from reduced annual energy use for heating and cooling your home
- Enhances quality of the crawl space environment
- Lowers humidity levels and reduces moisture variations during the annual seasonal cycle
- Reduces the susceptibility to wood rot, mold issues, and insect damage by reducing moisture
- Ductwork in the crawl space is less likely to rust or need replacement
- Improves quality of life when doing maintenance in the crawl space
Why Choose American Termapest?
We Protect the Quality of Your Life. We utilize the latest techniques and products to provide the most effective service while being sensitive to the environment. Our service technicians attend continuing training to keep them up-to-date with the latest information.
We are members of the National Pest Management Association, South Carolina Pest Control Association, Lakelands Homebuilders Association, Greenwood Association of Realtors (Associate member), and the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce.
Contact Us Online
411 Roseland Avenue
Greenwood, SC, 29649